Tuesday, May 12, 2009
2. Label containers:
Cardboard box 1: Throw away/recycling (out it goes today)
Cardboard box 2: Give away (fill with items for charity, put in car trunk immediately)
Plastic bin 1: stow away (stuff you can't think about and don't want to deal with right now, put in basement or garage. Plan a date on your calendar to revisit this bin. If you haven't done so by the end of the summer, throw items away, donate, or recycle)
Plastic bin 2: put away (stuff that ended up in the wrong room, put in correct place at end of this task)
Plastic bin 3: store away (seasonal or infrequently used stuff, put bin in basement or garage)
Plastic bin 4: sell (ebay, consignment, garage sale, must sell by end of the season or you never will)
Finish one room completely; it might take 30 minutes to 3 hours depending on how cluttered your room is.
Do NOT let boxes sit in the room. You deserve a clean and tidy spot after all your work!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
1. Start with the medicine cabinet. Flush away all expired prescription medications and any over the counter medicines more than 2 years old.
2. Organize your products by category into plastic (easy to wash) or wicker (attractive if out on display) bins:
- hair care
- bathing supplies
- nail care
- dental care
- skin care
- first aid
- meds-cold, tummy, allergy
3. Keep all purpose cleaner, window cleaner, and paper towels under the sink. Take just a few seconds to wipe down the sink and mirror before you leave for the day.
4. Remove all "reading material" from the bathroom. That's just plain old gross.